Sunday, July 6, 2014

Praising God.....with a Chicken and All!

I had the privilege of preaching on one of my favorite Bible stories this morning, the story of Naaman from 2 Kings 5.  By the grace of God I was able to preach about half of the message in Chichewa!  Thank you for your continued prayers for our language acquisition.  The translator that helped me for when I spoke English was very good.  He did make me and Erin laugh though.  Not only did he translate my English words into Chichewa but he also translated my Chichewa into English!  I was thinking the Chichewa would not be translated but he took his job as translating being whatever language came out of my mouth!

Before I began preaching people started bringing items to the front of the church for the Pastor and his family.  Some of the items included bread, corn, soap, and a live chicken!  A man brought the chicken to the front and just left it.  Of course it begins running around everywhere.  Thankfully a lady went over and tied its legs so it couldn't run anymore.  This was the first time I have preached with a chicken about 2 feet away from me. :-)

God is definitely at work at Bethany Baptist Church.  At the end of the service 3 people put their faith and trust in Jesus Christ!  Praising God for new brothers and sisters in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment