Friday, January 6, 2012

Update

We have gotten behind in keeping our blog updated like we had hoped.  Ministries have begun to pick up again now that the holiday is nearing an end.  It won't be in full swing again until the middle of January.


Today we started back at the Soup Kitchen.  I got there and I could tell the Pastor was surprised to see me.  He asked if we were having the Soup Kitchen today.  I said yes and he informed me that everyone forgot so there was no food.  I said that is fine and I'll just make some juice for the men.


Normally the men start coming around 12:15 but today no one was there at this time.  I went out to the street corner near the church and found a man sleeping on the ground.  I invited him to come to the Bible study and he said he would like that. 


He was the only one that came but it was incredible to see God work.  I gave him a Zulu Bible and showed him the passage I was going to be talking about and he immediately read it!  When he was finished he said, "I understand what this is saying."  I asked him if it was ok for me to explain the passage and he said he would really like that.  Then he asked if I could tell him in Afrikaans instead of English.  Oh, how I wish I knew Afrikaans and Zulu!  He said he could understand English but understands Afrikaans better. 


I began in John 3:16 and he was listening very attentively and repeating what I was saying so I knew he understood.  We talked for a long while and at the end he said he wanted ask Jesus to be his Lord and Savior!  It was indescribable to hear him pray to ask Jesus into his heart in Zulu.  I have no idea what he said but I know God does and I could see the change in that man's life. 


Please pray for Thomas as he begins his new walk with the Lord.


Deuteronomy 32:3-4
3For I proclaim the name of the LORD;
Ascribe greatness to our God!
4The Rock! His work is perfect,
For all His ways are just;
A God of faithfulness and without injustice,
Righteous and upright is He.

1 comment:

  1. PRAISE GOD!!!!! How awesome how He works in our hearts and LIVES! He orchestrated that
    perfectly!

    ReplyDelete